Friday, June 8, 2007

socks, marshmallows, lizards.

Here we are. A finished sock. Marshmallows are meant to stretch the lace - not mimic the shape of my pal. I made two changes - cuffs knit with 2s, leg and foot 1.5s and the toe 1s. Ripped out toe as written - it was two pointy and long on my gauge so i just did a simple eor dec to 16 stitches and then kitchener.
Hopefully you can see a bit better. I love that handpainted yarn in reverse stockinette. Hope it doesn't look inside out.
Here's another little thing I'm addicted to, I mean I am working on. Thank goodness for lizardridges from knitty.com. I used the same ball but used both ends for the top six. The bottom is leftovers from the top six. I think I will go buy more kureyon (this is what I had in my stash) and work on this at the beach next week.
Now here is another project that I need help with. This is from the latest interweave issue and is the tuxedo top. I am discouraged because i have read how much many of you disliked this piece. But i love a nice loose airy linen top for summer. Something i can throw over a tiny tank to take my 16 year old son somewhere without him being embarassed. Its supposed to be in reverse stockinette but I decided to do stockinette with a small garter stitch border. I know the stitches will look more regular after a number of wash and dries. What do ;you think?
Thanks for visiting. Next post will bring the lace insert and perhaps some humor. Don't expect the next sock for at least two weeks.Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Stuffing marshmellows in socks makes me giggle. I always just use my foot...